- The whole family moved to Switzerland last month and their two children are settling in well at school there.
- Their lives changed completely once the loan was paid off /had been paid off , as it meant they could treat themselves to meals out and weekends away.
- An old school friend tracked me down on the Internet and we met up recently to compare our life stories.
- The company offered Maria a post in the New York branch and she jumped at the chance.
- During the last recession, local businesses cut back on recruitment and no graduate trainees were/had been taken on as a result.
- Jeff explained that shortly after they bought the house together, he and his wife broke up and she moved to another town.
- People often manage to advance their careers by getting in with the right people and telling them what they want to hear.
- Everything fell into place – she was offered the scholarship at Harvard, the flight was booked and her missing passport turned up just in time!
- My brother has had a change of heart and is willing to help me out with decorating the flat after all.